Leslie E. Dunn
Leslie E. Dunn is the founder and managing principal of Polaris Financial Strategies Group. She has a flair for planning and shares that gift with her clients.
Leslie is a graduate of State College of Florida. She has more than 35 years of experience in the financial services industry with several major Wall Street institutions but spent the bulk of her career with Legg Mason Wood Walker. After Legg Mason merged with CitiGroup, Leslie decided to branch out on her own and established Polaris Financial Strategies Group in 2010.
As an independent advisory firm working with Commonwealth Financial Network® as her RIA–broker/dealer, Leslie and her team focus on providing wealth management and financial planning services to individual and family investors, closely held businesses, and federal government employees/retirees. She specializes in investment management, stock options, restricted stock unit management, inter-generational wealth transitioning, tax-free and fixed income portfolios, educational planning, and risk management through insurance planning.
It is Leslie’s belief that everyone should have a financial plan and budget in place at all times, whether you are graduating high school and starting out or approaching retirement. Leslie places great importance on a high level of service, making sure clients are comfortable with the planning and investment process.
Leslie’s personal achievements include Certified National Registry EMT and service with Sterling Rescue, PADI Master Scuba Diving Trainer, and Mote Marine Mammal Stranding Volunteer. She is passionate about the Wounded Warrior Project, Fisher House, and traveling with her husband. She lives in Leesburg, Virginia, with her husband, Kevin, and their dogs; Ruger (a golden Lab), and Browning (a husky mix).
- Life, Health, and Long-Term Care Insurance Licensed, State of Virginia
- FINRA Series 7 securities registration, General Securities Representative
- FINRA Series 8 securities registration, General Securities Sales Supervision Representative
- FINRA Series 31 securities registration, Managed Futures Representative
- FINRA Series 63 securities registration, Uniform Securities State Agent
- FINRA Series 65 securities registration, Investment Adviser Representative
- Registered States CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, ID, IL, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI